As the locals like to say, ‘It’s all here all year!’ The resort and surrounding area have something to offer for every season.
- Winter – At the resort: We maintain two ice fishing houses for FREE use by our owners and guests. They are available ‘first come first serve’. We drill the holes daily and have a little buddy heater to be checked out with propane tanks available for sale. The office offers ice skates for a dollar a day and free use of children’s toboggan style sleds. Locally: You can see Detroit Mountain from our pool building windows. They offer Downhill and Cross-Country skiing, Snowboarding and Snow-tubing. The county and local snowmobile clubs groom the snowmobile trails regularly. Detroit Lakes is the hub to hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails. The office can also steer you to alternate cross-country ski trails other than Detroit Mountain. Indoor activities like Curling and Bowling are popular with locals and visitors too.
- Spring – When the ice goes out, the pan fishing heats up! The office can direct you to local bait shops for all of the supplies and current fishing info that you will need. Celebrate the arrival of spring at Maple Syrup Days in Vergas held early April each year. Rent a bike from the office for a fun ride around the lake or along the river. Early May brings the Walleye season opener, with Bass just a few weeks behind.
- Summer – Sunshine and water, a great recipe for relaxation! Swimming, fishing, biking and boating. Let the games begin. The resort offers a number of non-motorized watercraft for rental at very reasonable prices. Our Activities Director has planned recreational events, for your enjoyment. Decorate a T-Shirt, or enter the Bean Bag Tournament or join us for the Family Movie Night in the patio area (weather permitting), don’t forget to vote for your weeks Feature Presentation. Check with the office for other weekly and seasonal activities.
- Fall – Fishing! The Muskie population continues to grow larger and larger on Detroit Lakes. You won’t need a thousand casts here and fall is the best time for Muskie. Drive the local scenic routes or state and national parks and refuges to experience the colors changing and annual migrations of butterflies and birds, or potentially catch a glimpse of the local mammals who stay for the winter. Bald Eagles are seen regularly at the resort, with fall being their most active time.
Summer Activity Package - $30.00
Unlimited Movie Rentals
$15.00 of Activity Equipment Fun Money, Good Toward
- Row Boat
- Bicycle Rentals
$15.00 of Amenity Fun Money
Good toward Ice Cream, Charcoal, Ice and Pizza Purchase
Winter Activity Package - $25.00
Unlimited Movie Rentals
4 Games of Bowling
- Includes Shoes at Voyageur Lanes – $16.00 Value
Popcorn, Pop and Pizza Party which includes
- (1) Schwan’s Pizza
- (1) Microwave Popcorn
- (1) 2 Liter Coke, Diet Coke or Mountain Dew
Click the map of Detroit Lake to enlarge.